Monday, August 24, 2015

I want my one hour and 36 minutes back

American Ultra poster.jpgJesse Eisenberg and Kristen Stewart are two of my least favourite actors. Having previously appeared together in Adventureland (2009), they are back in the action stoner comedy, American Ultra.

Three things put me off seeing this movie. The first is that on the face of it, it makes light of recreational marijuana usage. The second and third things are the fact that these two are in the lead roles. He may very well be affable away from the public eye, but Eisenberg doesn't come across as particularly pleasant or engaging in interviews, and Stewart's limited acting range has been parodied in the amusing Speak Like Kristen Stewart videos on YouTube.

It makes me nervous about next year's Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice, in which Eisenberg will be playing Lex Luthor, Superman's nemesis. I hope to enjoy the film as much as I did Man of Steel, even if he is in it.   

"American Ultra poster" by Source. Licensed under Fair use via Wikipedia.

No comments: